- Added by Boundless
- General Microbiology at Boundless
- Summarize the methods that are available dating fossils
- Determining the ages of fossils is definitely a crucial step in mapping down how life evolved across geologic time.
- The research of stratigraphy allows researchers to look for the chronilogical age of a fossil if they understand the age of levels of rock that surround it.
- Biostratigraphy allows boffins to fit stones with specific fossils with other stones with those fossils to ascertain age.
- Paleontology seeks to map down how life evolved across geologic time. a hurdle that is substantial the issue of exercising fossil ages.
- Researchers utilize carbon dating whenever determining the chronilogical age of fossils which can be lower than 60,000 years old, and therefore are comprised of natural materials such as for example leather or wood.